Harry Potter series has emerged as one of the biggest fanatic domains ever. J.K. Rowling gave us all some serious life lessons with the series. Today we have picked up a list of our favorite quotes from the series.
- “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”~~~~~~ Sirius Black in Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.
This is my personal favorite from the entire series. If in doubt about a person, look at how they behave with people who are inferior to them. A person’s attitude towards people who stand at a position, which is less privileged than their own says a lot about them. Sirius says this to Ron and Harry when they think that Hermione is unnecessarily doubting Barty Crouch.
- “It is our choices, Harry, that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.” ~~~~~ Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the chamber of secrets.
This quote is for everyone who doubts themselves based on their condition and consequences. It’s for the people who don’t see that our personal choice of being good is all that matters. Dumbledore says this to Harry when he points out the uncanny resemblance between Tom Riddle and himself. Dumbledore tells him that the fact that he chose not to walk on the wrong path makes him different from Riddle and is all that counts.
- “I am what I am, an’ I’m not ashamed. ‘Never be ashamed,’ my ol’ dad used ter say, ‘there’s some who’ll hold it against you, but they’re not worth botherin’ with.’” ~~~~~~~ Rubeus Hagrid in Harry Potter and the goblet of fire.
Hagrid who is a half giant and half human says this when he is shamed for his parentage by Rita Skeeter in a newspaper article. He takes a stand for himself and tells us all that it’s not worth bothering about what other people say about you. This is similar to Tyrion Lannister’s quote when he says “Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor and it can never be used to hurt you.”
- “Every great wizard in history has started out as nothing more than what we are now, students. If they can do it, why not us?” ~~~~~~ Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix.
This is for everyone who has just started with something new. Everyone who is scared if he or she will make it or not. Harry says this when the members of the Dumbledore’s Army question their capabilities just because they are a bunch of students. Well this is true in every case isn’t it? The greatest of all, also started as students.
- “Even though we got a fight ahead of us, we’ve got one thing that Voldemort doesn’t have. Something worth fighting for.” ~~~~~~~~ Harry Potter in Harry Potter and the Order of Phoenix.
This is for everyone who is scared of the difficult fight ahead. Do not give up looking at the difficulty level of your struggle but look at what you are fighting for. Harry says this at the end of the Order of Phoenix when everyone is worried about how they will fight Voldemort (YES,I SAID IT) and his death eaters. He tells them no matter how dangerous it will be but it’s something worth fighting for.
- “It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends.” ~~~~~ Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s stone.
Didn’t we all think it was just an excuse Dumbledore made to make sure Gryffindor won the house cup. But reality hits us hard when we realize that this was about his great duel against the dark wizard Gelleret Grindlewald back in 1945. Grindlewald is further revealed to be Dumbledore’s best friend and possible love interest. Dumbledore says this to Neville because he had the courage to stand up against Harry , Ron and Hermione when he thought they will lose their house some more points. Isn’t it something we all find difficult? Standing up against our loved ones and telling them they are wrong no matter how much we love them.
- “But you know, happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.” ~~~~~~ Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore in Harry Potter and the Prisoners of Azkaban.
Dumbledore says this during the start of the term feast when he also announces that Hogwarts will be a host to Azkaban guards, Dementors. Dementors are known to be the foulest creatures to walk the planet. They suck out happiness from people and leave them with their darkest memories. Rowling actually wrote dementors as a metaphor for her depression. The counter spell for dementors is memorizing a powerful happy memory you have and use it as a shield against them. The spell once again is a metaphor that during low times you have to remember the happy times to get you out of the misery.